Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Wall Collage Update

Back in November I finally added a few fun and sentimental pieces to our bedroom wall. I knew that I wanted to add more to the collage and, after collecting other frames I went to work.

I followed the same plan from the initial collage (See that post here) to lay out the new frames.

IMG_9340
I left the paper ‘frames’ up for a day to see how the layout felt.

IMG_9380

Small
 
Medium

Large

I knew
right
away
I
liked
the
stacked
look
of this.

Oh dear! Some of the paper bunting pieces fell!


The top piece is a thrift store find that I originally bought the frame for, but the floral arrangement eventually won me over.  I gave this framed map of the world to my Hubby for Christmas. Frame is Ikea and the map inside is from an old school geography book I thrifted.

Now for the other side. I didn’t like the first option above, so I played around a bit more with the paper.

IMG_9372
Side by side of the same size? And room for something else under?

IMG_9373
Stacked? I initially didn’t want there to be three stacked rows, but in the end I felt this is what looked best.

IMG_9378
Here she be! I’m going to print one of our wedding photo’s for the empty frame (thrifted from a junk store at the side of the road) and probably switch out the one above it for a single shot of Tayson. He gave it to me on the day of the wedding with a picture of the three of us in it. My mom stamped “love” and tied a cute ribbon on it.

IMG_9381

Perfect project for a snowy day!

IMG_9382

1 comment:

Leah said...

Cute. I like the layout you chose.