Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A Week of Thanks {Day 2}

Today I am thankful for my husband.

It still feels a little strange to call him my husband as we've only been married for seven weeks.
But I love him.
A lot.
He is the greatest blessing God has given me and for this I am so thankful.

So today I am thankful for my husband, for the loving man is his toward myself and our son, for his cooking skills that are far superior than mine, for his ability to make me laugh, for his desire to be healthy, for his playfulness that lightens our life.

I love the ninth verse here, as it states that God satisfies the hungry longings of our soul, his children. God knows what our desires are, he knows our hearts longings. He knew that I longed to share my life with someone special, and he blessed me with my husband. What an amazing Father is he!

Psalm 107: 4 -9 says:

Some wandered in desert wastes,
finding no way to a city to dwell in;
hungry and thirsty,
their soul fainted within them.
Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble,
and he delivered them from their distress.
He led them by a straight way
till they reached a city to dwell in.
Let them thank the Lord for his steadfast love,
for his wondrous works to the children of man!
For he satisfies the longing soul,
and the hungry soul he fills with good things.

2 comments:

Teresa said...

I'm thankful for him too.

Grace said...

Beautiful Shan.,I am thankful that God has Blessed the Two of You, and Tayson as well!