Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Edible Delights {The Decorated Cookie}

While viewing one of my favorite children's craft blogs, The Crafty Crow, I stumbled upon this wonderful blog, The Decorated Cookie. I just adore baking, wish I had more time to do it, and this blog totally inspires me to produce some of these adorable creations to share! Below is her super duper easy sugar cookie recipe.

Blue Bird Brownie Pops
Now these are something so cute and adorable, I just have to try make these one day!



Easy Lollies
I totally want to try this!



The Sugar Cookie Recipe

Sugar Cookies:

2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
1 cup confectioner's sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
(can add 1 1/2 tsp almond extract here. Yummy. I do that.)
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp salt

Cream butter and sugar. Add egg and blend well. Add extracts and blend. Mix flour and salt and gradually add. Chill dough for about 2 hours before rolling out and cutting. Bake cut out cookies on parchment lined baking trays at 375 for 12-14 minutes.

No comments: