Thursday, October 7, 2010

A Week of Thanks {Day 4}

Today I'm thankful for my family. My parents, my siblings, my two nieces, my grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. Family is something that is so very dear to me. They are a support to my life and add so much to it by being involved. God has blessed me with a very close immediate family. We all see each other at least 3 times a month, despite living in different towns and cities an hour or so away from each other. My extended family also tries to get together for large events such as my grandparents birthdays, Christmas and weddings.

I know a lot of families that are estranged from one another, and so I realize the amazing blessing it is to have a family that remains close. We care for one another in sickness. We support one another through hardships. We join in laughter and joy during the good times. And encourage one another in the triumphs. Belonging to a large family provides a certain sense of security knowing that someone will be there no matter the circumstance.

So today I thank God for my family. Everyone of them.

My Mom and Dad
My family

 My Mom's family

 My Dad's Family

 My Hailee-poo

And baby Lauren

No comments: