Monday, November 28, 2011

Christmas DIY List

It’s that time of year again, my favourite time to get my craft on with hand made Christmas goodness! I’ll be heating up my glue gun, getting sparkles on my face all while playing some sweet carols in the background.

Here is a sampling of some of the projects I’m planning on making. I’ve already picked up a few supplies at Michaels as they had crazy sales last week, (this week there is a 50% off coupon on one item) and I’ll be using what I have at home to get my festive DIY on! Who’s excited?

Click on the photos to link to the tutorials.

paperwreath

1. Paper Wreath – Last year I used some old sheet music to create a few pinwheels for our tree. This year I’ll be using the same lovely paper to craft this wreath for our door although I think I’ll find something different for the center.

scrabbleornament

2. Scrabble Ornaments – I love using scrabble pieces to create! When I saw this idea, I knew it would be on my list of DIY.

owls

3. Gift Tags -  My mom has this owl punch from stampin’ up that can be used to make these two adorable Christmas creatures. I think I’ll use them as gift tags for my presents this year.

mouse

4. Hershey Kiss Mouse – “Not a creature was stirring” I thought these would be cute to pass out to co-workers to spread  a little tiny holiday cheer.

ornaments

5. Glittery Ornaments – These bad boys have the glitter INSIDE of them, so maybe I won’t be getting a face full of sparkles. I can’t wait to make some of these pretties for our tree!

149463281352902219_zSGVDnYp_c

6. Holiday Subway Art – Now this one I’m really excited about. It’s actually just a file you download and print out on a 16 x 20 piece of paper. How cool is that? I’ll just need to get a frame and, BOOM, instant holiday art!

Well that’s all for now. These projects should keep me busy for a while. I also have some handmade Christmas presents that I need to make for just about 3 weeks from now. So I need to get on it!

Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

Leah said...

I need to get some supplies from Michael's this week so thanks for the coupon!

Caitlin @ Hardly Housewives said...

Looks great! I've been going nuts making handmade ornaments (http://www.hardlyhousewives.com/search/label/Christmas) and like the sparkly ones you have there! I'm starting to run short on ideas so I need to keep checking the blogosphere :)