I’ve been wanting to use coupons for a while now, but for some reason never really sought any out. After watching TLC’s Extreme Couponing show (this is a video link), it really inspired me to begin saving money for our family.
1) I began by simply signing up in these websites and slowly, my pile of coupons started growing.
2) I made an alternate email address because I didn’t want extra junk email in my everyday inbox. These four websites require you to provide your mailing address as they mail the coupons to you.
3) I bought a bunch of plastic photograph sleeves for 50 cents at a thrift store to start storing and organizing my coupons. I sort them according to their expiry date.
5) I started looking for sales in the flyers to match the coupons I had to maximize the savings!
6) I found this great Canadian blog about couponing and it highlights the latest/greatest sales:: Mrs. January
Thursday night when the flyers came out, I began to scour them to match up my coupons. I headed to Walmart where ziploc bags were on sale.
This what I got for a grand total of $2.34 + tax for all of these items.
Here is the breakdown:
Glad deodorizer: Free with a “Get one Free” Coupon
Venus Razors: on sale for $8.00 – 3.00 coupon = $5.00
Clubhouse chilli spice: $4.58 – 1.00 coupon = 3. 58
Ziploc’s: on sale for 1.48 each – coupon buy 2 save 4.00 = +1.04
I made a profit of $1.04 using this coupon. I printed 6 coupons so I made a profit of $6.24!
Is that not awesome or what!?
Do you have any couponing experience? I’d love to hear it!