Sunday, December 12, 2010

DIY Christmas Arrangements

Christmas is the perfect time to experiment with a variety of floral designs.
Using out of the box containers is a great way to add a unique look and style to create something that is not typical for Christmas.

I made this for my mother in law using a white creamer.
I paid $1.50 for it on half price Friday at the local Goodwill.

IMG_9047

IMG_9046
I only bought the hypericum berries and spruce and used the other
accessories from my Christmas stash. The pinecones, small bulbs
and ribbon are wired and plucked in the arrangement.
(I know, I should have taken pictures, but was in a rush).

IMG_9049IMG_9050
`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.*}*}*}*}*}*}*}*}*.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.

This isn’t an arrangement per say, but it’s a super easy idea for
someone less adept in designing  with flowers.

IMG_8943
Buy a fern type plant, or one of those mini Christmas trees,
ideally place it in a pretty pot. I didn’t have one, but at least the
original container is green, meh, it will do. I used the lid of a
take out container to hold the bells and small glass ornaments
and also any water that leaks.

IMG_8942
The little fern was $4.99 and adds such a nice live touch to our place.
Easy Peasy!!

1 comment:

Graceful Oven said...

you're amazing. These are beautiful.