Friday, June 19, 2009

Country Storm

Sunday afternoon, on the farm in the Holland Marsh, a dark and stormy sky passes in the distance, over the fields. Doesn't the green look fantastic!? I love it here in the summer.


My dad's pride and joy, this beloved rock garden
that he tenderly cares for.
Isn't it beautiful!?
My mom's uncle made the adorable bird house.

Alas, an eternal sign of God's love.

12
And God said, "This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: 13 I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. 14 Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, 15 I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. Genesis 9:12-15

You can see it ever so faintly spanning across the field.

*Photo's courtesy of my brother, Ryan

No comments: